Which Framework to Choose for Poker Game Development?
May 2021, 14
According to Statista, jQuery (43.3%), React.js (35.9%), and Angular (25.1%) are in the top three most popular frameworks used by developers worldwide. This means that it’s a good idea to consider developing your own application based on one of these mobile game development frameworks. Today we will talk about using frameworks in app development and compare the most popular of them.
Why Is a Framework the Best Choice in 2022?
Each framework is designed to make it easier and faster to develop your game or application. We have compiled a list of characteristics that must be present in the framework for creating reliable, scalable, and easily modifiable solutions:
- handles input speeding up the development process;
- comes with complete documentation;
- easy to learn;
- enables distributing your game or application on all available platforms;
- has a technical support service.
Poker Game Development Framework Comparison
Now, let’s look at the best frameworks for game development.
Many companies do game development using Angular. Due to the versatility of this framework, it allows for the command-line interface, two-way data binding dependency injection, and also supports MVC (Model-View-Controller) and Typescript. Angular has declined in popularity lately due to the emergence of Vue.JS and React.js, which are a little easier to manage. At the same time, Angular game development remains the most suitable option for large-scale applications. In addition, Angular for poker software development has the following features :
- manages synchronization between DOM (Document Object Model) and model and vice versa;
- offers a number of built-in services. For example, it uses HTTP to render XMLHttpRequests;
- provides templates. Rendered view with information from controller and model;
- has built-in directives;
- has built-in dependency injection that makes it easy for a developer to build, understand, and evaluate applications.
Features and benefits:
- intuitive API;
- easy to learn for beginners due to the similarity with CSS syntax;
- can be extended with plugins;
- supports multiple browsers.
Pros of using PixiJS:
- high performance;
- support for multiple platforms;
- understandable for beginners API (Application Programming Interface);
- WebGL renderer and Canvas fallback support.
React is one of the most popular frameworks for building game apps because it can be used for native development. React.js also boasts increased efficiency, reusable components, and a large community. This framework is great for building cross-platform applications and games, SPA (Single Page Application) applications, and small business application development.
Here are the key features of ReactJS:
- develops a high-quality user interface for most devices;
- a ReactJS application consists of several components, each of which has access to its own logic and controls;
- uses unidirectional data flow;
- uses a JSX file that makes the application easier to understand and code;
- provides efficient performance because it manages the virtual DOM for small business application development.
Vue.JS is growing in popularity due to its easy-to-learn framework, small size, reusable components, detailed documentation, and TypeScript support. Vue.JS is very flexible and versatile, which makes it much easier for developers. Currently, this framework is in high demand in the Asian markets and is ideal for creating high-performance games and applications, including poker games. Vue.JS might be the best option for quick prototyping of your application.
Features of the Vue.JS framework
- uses a virtual DOM;
- Vue's data-binding feature allows you to manipulate and assign values to HTML attributes, change styles, assign classes, and more;
- components are one of the key aspects of Vue.JS to help you create custom elements that can be reused in HTML.
- the V-on attribute that was included in DOM elements to listen for events in Vue.JS;
- offers HTML templates that bind the DOM to Vue instance data.
There is no specific game development framework that would suit all your requirements. Which framework you choose depends on what requirements your project has. Each of the frameworks we discussed has its own pros and cons. All you have to do is figure out which one meets all your needs and offers the best features.